Limit the color palette, do not use many colors
Jason 08:17 PM 17-Jul-19
We all love colors, but let’s be real, some colors and combinations just don’t go well with a website’s content or outlook. Here are some useful tips as to how to use colors in web design for you:
- Steer clear of too many colors. Today’s trend is minimal and black and white
- There is nothing more easily readable or more outstanding than black letters on a white page or white letters on a black page. Use the former more often though.
- Only use bright colors when it comes to enhancing a Call to Action on the website. Watch out for it to be in sync with the rest of the page’s choice of colors.
- There are tons of color palettes which can be used depending on the scope of a business. If you want to get further inspiration, make or use thematic boards, in order to find the key colors and shades for a certain type of business.
- Use mood boards to pick the color palette for a web page.
- Be careful and rather stick with pastels, use lots of white space on your pages.